Friday, September 06, 2013

7 Quick Takes - Lego Movies, Brotherly Advice, Two-Yr Old Kingdom and more!



1. This is our first Martin 7 Quick Takes Friday!  We think that's pretty cool! We'll see if you agree - ;-)
just a moment with boys and a snake

2. Two Year Old Kingdom.  We say it's the "Terrible Twos" because they don't listen, go potty everywhere, throw temper tantrums, throw toys, scream "NO!" at you unceasingly, and create more destruction than the average hurricane. But I realized recently it's not true, well, not entirely.  It's true from our point of view, but from his?  Life is his kingdom!  He has no sense of correction nor restriction nor responsibilities.  He laughs constantly and bosses everyone around.  He is completely free to do whatever he pleases (in his mind) and rejoices in life. Life is fantastic when you're the 2 year old king...



3. Legos are a boy's best friend...that and mommy's camera and sweet editing skills.
In case you missed it, here is Gregory's Hobbit Lego movie again:


4. And what goes better with Legos and boys than ... COMPETITION!  For the VERY FIRST TIME, here is Louis' Star Wars Lego movie. And remember, he had to set up every scene, every frame-one photo at a time. It took him a loooooong time, but he did a GREAT job too! Check it out:



Yes, I know. Almost every scene ends with someone in pieces.What can I say?  He's all boy! :-)


5. Sweet school surprises.  Leonardo entered Kindergarten this year - and much to my surprise, he gets it.  All of it.  He's whizzing through math, counting? baby stuff. coins? done. figuring out change after buying something? owns it. reading a clock? oh man, can you challenge me, mom? Okay, reading? done and done. Colors, numbers, left-right, religion, science?  What else can I do, mom?!  I'm exhausted trying to fill his desire to work, he burns through every task so quickly!  And especially after pulling my hair out trying to get someone else to do their work ... this is a GREAT problem to have!  Give some cheer for the K grader!



6. Damian is 3 months old!  Can it be possible?  My sweet, precious, cuddly, chub-a-licious angel is 3 months old?!! Apparently so. :-)

Helping daddy with laundry. :-)

7.  Brotherly advice.  This was one of the highlights of my week.  Advice from Louis (loo-ee) the 6 year old to the 3 month old. I heard it and had to catch it on camera, but tried to hide it, so I didn't quite get it all and you will need to turn it up a little because it's quiet, but here you go.  Soak in the sweet, amazing, gentleness of brotherly love...


Have a good weekend!

a punch to your shoulder,
the Martins





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louis had me in tears at the end there! So wonderful! Thank you :-)

The Martins said...

:-) he's a sweetie for sure!

Unknown said...

Man your kids are a bunch of geniuses. You have to help me capture all of my kid's lives too some day!